“Geniuses are the luckiest of mortals because what they must do is the same as what they most want to do.” – W. H. Auden.
When most successful people get asked what quality they would attribute most for their success, a common theme in their answer is Hardwork and Luck. They attribute their success to been in the right place at the right time; they labored under correct knowledge, committed to their plan, and executed. From Warren Buffet, Bill Gates, Bob Iger, Jamie Dimon, Mark Zuckerberg, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Cristiano Ronaldo, to name but a few.
Successful people create their luck by preparing for the opportunities that take them to the next level; they started at an early age, they read the books, study the programming language, trained at the gym, studied their craft, obsessed with the little details. When the opportunities showed up, they prepared, and they executed.
Here are some great quotes on luck:
- “I’m a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it”– Thomas Jefferson
- “Good luck is when opportunity meets preparation, while bad luck is when lack of preparation meets reality.”– Eliyahu Goldratt
- “I’ve found that what most people call luck is often little more than raw talent combined with the ability to make the most of opportunities.”– Timothy Zahn
- “Diligence is the mother of good luck.”– Benjamin Franklin
- Luck is a matter of preparation meeting opportunity. – Seneca
6. “Here’s the thing about luck. You don’t know if it’s good or bad until you have some perspective.” – Alice Hoffman
7. Being deeply learned and skilled, being well trained and using well-spoken words: this is good luck. – Buddha
8. I’ve found that luck is quite predictable. If you want more luck, take more chances. Be more active. Show up more often. – Brian Tracy
9. Luck never gives; it only lends. – Swedish Proverb
10. Luck is the residue of design. – John Milton
11. “It’s hard to detect good luck – it looks so much like something you’ve earned.“– Frank A. Clark
12. “Nature creates ability; luck provides it with opportunity.“– François de la Rochefoucauld
13. Luck is tenacity of purpose. – Elbert Hubbard
14. “Luck, bad if not good, will always be with us. But it has a way of favoring the intelligent and showing its back to the stupid.“ – John Dewey
15. “We must believe in luck. For how else can we explain the success of those we don’t like? “– Jean Cocteau
16. “No one is going to know or care about your failures, and neither should you. All you have to do is learn from them and those around you. All that matters in business is that you get it right once. Then everyone can tell you how lucky you are.”- Mark Cuban
17. “Luck is a very thin wire between survival and disaster, and not many people can keep their balance on it.” – Hunter S. Thompson
18. “In the long run, you make your own luck – good, bad, or indifferent.”- Loretta Lynn
19. “Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more you sweat, the luckier you get.”-Ray Kroc
20. “Success is simply a matter of luck. Ask any failure.” –Earl Wilson
21. “There is no such thing as luck. There is only adequate or inadequate preparation to cope with a statistical universe.” – Robert A. Heinlein
22. “Better an ounce of luck than a pound of gold.” -Yiddish proverb
23. “Beware what you wish for, unless you have the grace to hope that your luck can be shared.” – Christopher Hitchens
24. “Fortune, seeing that she could not make fools wise, has made them lucky.”— Michel de Montaigne
25. “Luck must be dealt with like health: enjoy it when it is good, be patient when it is bad.“— La Rochefoucauld
26. “The amount of good luck coming your way depends on your willingness to act.” -Barbara Sher
27. “Don’t be confused by what looks like luck to you. Lucky people don’t make successful people; people who completely commit themselves to success seem to get lucky in life.” – Grant Cardone The 10x Rule
28. “The only thing that overcomes hard luck is hard work.”~Harry Golden
29. “Luck is an accident that happens to the competent.” – Albert M. Greenfield
30. “Luck’s just another word for destiny … either you make your own or you’re screwed.” – John Le Carre
All the best in your quest to get better. Don’t Settle: Live with Passion.
Comments are closed.