Your attitude determines your altitude; we all go through challenging times in life, peaks and valley, ups and down, frowns and smiles. Life is a fight for territory. There is no problem-free life, and the way to get through whatever you are going through in life is to have a positive attitude and believe there will be a brighter day, this too shall pass; it is not being pollyanna but holding on to hope.
If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change. – Wayne Dyer
In his book, “Thinking for a Change: 11 Ways Highly Successful People Approach Life and Work.”, Author John C. Maxwell, believes attitude is
- It is the “advance man” of our true selves.
- Its roots are inward but its fruit is outward.
- It is our best friend or our worst enemy.
- It is more honest and more consistent than our words.
- It is an outward look based on past experiences.
- It is a thing that draws people to us or repels them.
- It is never content until it is expressed.
- It is the librarian of our past.
- It is the speaker of our present.
- It is the prophet of our future
Here are some great quotes on having a positive attitude:
“An army of sheep led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by a sheep.” – Alexander the Great
- “Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out.” – John Wooden
- “A positive attitude causes a chain reaction of positive thoughts, events, and outcomes. It is a catalyst and it sparks extraordinary results.” –Wade Boggs
- “The saddest summary of a life contains three descriptions: could have, might have, and should have.”– Louis E. Boone
- “Virtually nothing is impossible in this world if you just put your mind to it and maintain a positive attitude.” —Lou Holtz
- “Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.”– Helen Keller
- “If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude.”-Maya Angelou
- “Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character.”-Albert Einstein
- “Positive anything is better than negative nothing.” -Elbert Hubbard
- “Positive thinking won’t let you do anything but it will let you do everything better than negative thinking will.” -Zig Ziglar
- “Men do not attract that which they want, but that which they are.”- James Allen
- “Your problem isn’t the problem, it’s your attitude about the problem.”- Ann Brashares
- “The most important decision you make is to be in a good mood.”- Voltaire
- “When you can’t change the direction of the wind — adjust your sails.”- H. Jackson Brown Jr
- “If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading.”- Lao Tzu
- “The greatest revolution of our generation is the discovery that human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives.” -William James
- “Happiness is an attitude. We either make ourselves miserable, or happy and strong. The amount of work is the same.”-Francesca Reigler
- “Nurture your mind with great thoughts, for you will never go any higher than you think.” -Benjamin Disraeli
- “Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms—to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way.” -Viktor E. Frankl
- “Attitude is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than what people do or say. It is more important than appearance, giftedness, or skill.” – W. C. Fields
- “The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.” -Antoine de Saint-Exupery
- “A pessimist is one who makes difficulties of his opportunities and an optimist is one who makes opportunities of his difficulties.” – Harry S. Truman
- “When you can’t change the direction of the wind — adjust your sails.” -H. Jackson Brown Jr
- “Two things define you: your patience when you have nothing and your attitude when you have everything.” – George Bernard Shaw
“A bad attitude is like a flat tire, you won’t get nowhere till you change it.”
- “There is little difference in people, but that little difference makes a big difference. The little difference is attitude. The big difference is whether it is positive or negative..” – W. Clement Stone
- “Too positive to be doubtful, too optimistic to be fearful, and too determined to be defeated.” – William Boyland Jr.
You’ll never find a rainbow if you’re looking down.– Charlie Chaplin
- “There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so” – .William Shakespeare
- “You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control the way you think about all the events. You always have a choice. You can choose to face them with a positive mental attitude.” -Roy T. Bennett
- “For maximum happiness, peace and contentment, may we choose a positive attitude.” — Thomas S. Monson
- “All you can change is yourself, but sometimes that changes everything!” — Gary W. Goldstein
- “Most of the shadows of this life are caused by our standing in our own sunshine.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
All the best in your quest to get better. Don’t Settle: Live with Passion.