It’s not that we have little time, but more that we waste a good deal of it.-Seneca
Time is the greatest equalizer as we have the same amount of time, the billionaire, the homeless man, the parent, the children, the doctor, the patient, everyone the same time: 24 hrs a day, 168 hrs per week, 720 hrs per month, 8,760 hrs per year, 365 days per year, 12 months per year, 1,440 minutes per day, 86,400 seconds per day. How rich our lives become is determined by how well we use our time.
In No Excuses!: The Power of Self-Discipline, Brain Tracy writes:
“There is perhaps no area of your life in which self-discipline is more important than in the way you manage your time. Time management is a core discipline that largely determines the quality of your life.
“You cannot manage time; you can only manage yourself.” – Peter Drucker
Time management is really life management, personal management, management of yourself rather than of time or circumstances.
Time is perishable; it cannot be saved. Time is irreplaceable; nothing else will do. Time is irretrievable; once it is gone or wasted, you can never get it back. Finally, time is indispensable, especially for accomplishments of any kind. All achievement, all results, all success requires time.
“Half our life is spent trying to find something to do with the time we have rushed through life trying to save.” – Will Rogers
Here are some great quotes on time:
- “There is time enough for everything in the course of the day if you do but one thing at once; but there is not time enough in the year if you will do two things at a time.” – Lord Chesterfield
- “You cannot manage time; you can only manage yourself.” – Peter Drucker
“The two most powerful warriors are patience and time.”– Leo Tolstoy,
- “Better three hours too soon than a minute too late.” – William Shakespeare
Time is free, but it’s priceless. You can’t own it, but you can use it. You can’t keep it, but you can spend it. Once you’ve lost it you can never get it back.”- Harvey Mackay
“You can’t have a better tomorrow if you are thinking about yesterday all the time.” – Charles F. Kettering
7. “Time is what we want most, but what we use worst.”- William Penn
8. “Time flies over us, but leaves its shadow behind.” –Nathaniel Hawthorne
9. “A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.”- Charles Darwin.
Those who make the worst use of their time are the first to complain of its brevity.-Jean De La Bruyere
11. “Either you run the day, or the day runs you.” -Jim Rohn
12. “No use thinking of the past for its gone, don’t think of the future because it has to come, think of the present because that’s where you are.” –Kazi Shams
13. “Yesterday’s the past, tomorrow’s the future, but today is a gift. That’s why it’s called the present.” – Bil Keane
14. The common man is not concerned about the passage of time, the man of talent is driven by it. -Shoppenhauer
15. Time = life; therefore, waste your time and waste of your life, or master your time and master your life. -Alan Lakein
16. “The only reason for time is so that everything doesn’t happen at once.” – Albert Einstein
17. “People often complain about lack of time when lack of direction is the real problem.”- Zig Ziglar
18. “Time is really the only capital that any human being has, and the only thing he can’t afford to lose.”- Thomas A. Edison
19. “The bad news is time flies. The good news is you’re the pilot.” – Michael Altshuler
20. “Don’t let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use.”- Earl Nightingale
21. “Time is not only at the heart of the way we organize life, but the way we experience it.”- Claudia Hammond
22. “The key is in not spending time, but in investing it.” – Stephen R. Covey
23. “There are no secrets that time does not reveal.” – Jean Racine
24. “Half our life is spent trying to find something to do with the time we have rushed through life trying to save.” – Will Rogers
25. “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.” – Steve Jobs
26. “Time is a created thing. To say ‘I don’t have time,’ is like saying, ‘I don’t want to.” – Lao Tzu
27. “Time is the longest distance between two places.” -Tennessee Williams
28. “A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between, he does what he wants to do.”- Bob Dylan
29. “Time management is an oxymoron. Time is beyond our control, and the clock keeps ticking regardless of how we lead our lives. Priority management is the answer to maximizing the time we have.” – John C. Maxwell
30. “Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering.”- Ida Scott Taylor
All the best in your quest to get better. Don’t Settle: Live with Passion.
Comments are closed.