The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.—Bertrand Russell
According to an African proverb, when there is no enemy within, the enemy outside can do you no harm. If you think you can, if you think you can’t, you are also right. The battle is in the mind, to achieve your dreams and aspirations, you need to have unparalleled self-confidence in yourself. If you are competent and not confident, success would elude you but if you are competent and confident at the same time, you would become unstoppable.
If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. – Henry David Thoreau
In the Seasons of Life, Jim Rohn writes:
Do not doubt yourself, for where doubt resides, confidence cannot. Do not neglect yourself, for with neglect comes loss. Do not imagine yourself to be less than you are, nor more than you are, but seek always to become all of which you are capable. Do not allow yourself to become arrogant or discourteous, for both are characteristics adopted by those who seek to cover their weaknesses.
Do not spend time regretting the past, but invest that time wisely by preparing a better future. You are a fertile seed of the creator of all things, destined not to lie dormant, but to spring forth from the soil called life, and grow upward toward the unlimited horizons— overcoming all obstacles in the process. It is your destiny to tap your talents and to achieve all that of which you believe yourself to be worthy… to love more, anticipate more, overcome more, plan more, attract more, and enjoy more than you ever dreamed possible. Such is the standard of life awaiting your mental decision and outstretched hand. You are deserving— you are becoming—and you shall succeed.
Here are some great quotes on self confidence:
- Youth is not entirely a time of life; it is a state of mind. Nobody grows old by merely living a number of years. People grow old by deserting their ideals.… You are as young as your faith, as old as your doubt; as young as your self-confidence, as old as your fear; as young as your hope, as old as your despair. – General Douglas MacArthur
- The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.—Bertrand Russell
- One important key to success is self–confidence. An important key to self–confidence is preparation. – Arthur Ashe
- Each time we face our fear, we gain strength, courage, and confidence in the doing.- Theodore Roosevelt
- Have confidence that if you have done a little thing well, you can do a bigger thing well too. – David Storey
- To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them. – Michael Jordan
- Confidence is when you believe in yourself and your abilities, arrogance is when you think you are better than others and act accordingly. – Stewart Stafford
- Your desire for what you want just has to be greater than your fear of it. That’s all. – Neil Strauss
- Believing that the dots will connect down the road will give you the confidence to follow your heart. – Steve Jobs
- As is our confidence, so is our capacity. – William Hazlitt
- If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. – Henry David Thoreau
- All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure. – Mark Twain
- Believe in your infinite potential. Your only limitations are those you set upon yourself. – Roy T. Bennett
- There can be no failure to a man who has not lost his courage, his character, his self-respect, or his self-confidence. He is still a King. – Orison Swett Marden
- A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval. – Mark Twain
- The secret is contained in a three-part formula I learned in the gym: self-confidence, a positive mental attitude, and honest hard work. – Arnold Schwarzenegger
- The best time to have confidence is after a defeat. The worst time is after a win. – Maxime Lagacé
- Confidence is at the root of so many attractive qualities, a sense of humor, a sense of style, a willingness to be who you are no matter what anyone else might think or say. – Wentworth Miller
- Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or your self-confidence. – Robert Frost
- Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers, you cannot be successful or happy. – Norman Vincent Peale
- If you are insecure, guess what? The rest of the world is, too. Do not overestimate the competition and underestimate yourself. You are better than you think. – T. Harv Eker
- Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. – Thomas Jefferson
- Always remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.– Christopher Robin
- You wouldn’t worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do. – Eleanor Roosevelt
- Confidence comes not from always being right but from not fearing to be wrong.– Peter T. Mcintyre
- Confidence is a habit that can be developed by acting as if you already had the confidence you desire to have. – Brian Tracy
- As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live.– Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- The man who does not value himself, cannot value anything or anyone. – Ayn Rand
All the best in your quest to get better. Don’t Settle: Live with Passion.
Comments are closed.