The GMS Queen City Marathon in Regina, Saskatchewan, was my sixth full marathon in 2023 as part of my ten Canadian Marathon Running Challenge. I reduced my personal best (3:44), which I ran at the Beneva Montreal Marathon in 2022, by 24 minutes to a time of 3:20. I ran my first sub-four-hour marathon at the 2022 Beneva Montreal Marathon and have since been running sub-four marathon times.
Running a personal best felt good as I have been putting in the hard work by increasing my mileage, averaging 100 KM per week in the past 6-8 weeks. My new personal best of 3:20 proves that hard work pays off. I am getting closer to some of my marathon running goals: Qualify for the 2025 Boston Marathon (3:05) and run a sub-3 hours times. I know how to achieve these goals; I need to trust the process and keep showing up daily.
The GMS Queen City Marathon in Regina, Saskatchewan, had 4050 Participants, with 2211 Women and 1762 Men participants. To run this new personal best, I had to put in a lot of training work to get this time, and there is still more room for improvement. I dug really deep to pull it up, and I learnt so many lessons about myself, how strong I am, how resilient I can be and ultimately how I can achieve anything that I set my eyes on doing.
- Daily Calm with Tamara Levitt -It’s Like This
- To find peace, we need to be flexible with our circumstances.
Traveller: ‘What kind of weather will we have today?’
Shepherd: ‘The kind of weather I like.’
Traveller: ‘How do you know it will be the weather you like?’
Shepherd: ‘Having found out, sir, I cannot always get what I like, I have learned always to like what I get. So I am sure we will have the weather I like.’
- Daily Jay with Jay Shetty – A Lasting Sense of Worth
- No one can get real lasting self-worth from what people tell them or even what they tell themselves. A true sense of self-worth comes from action and showing yourself who you are. What we say is powerful, especially when we are going through a struggle. If you don’t expressly believe something, self-talk will not change much.
- We believe we have meaning, value and purpose when we do things that do have meaning, value and purpose.
- ARRAY: Filmmaker Ava DuVernay (2021) | How I Built This with Guy Raz
All the best in your quest to get better. Don’t Settle: Live with Passion.