I have been experimenting with the 100 Books Reading Challenge since 2016 and it has become one of my favourite thing to do yearly. I am always striving to become more self-aware, learning new things, understand the world better and become a better version of myself. I strive to read for at 2-3 hours daily via my kindle, laptop, iPod and on my phone. I am not where I want to be but am not where I used to be.
Goal: I read 100 non-fiction books by December 31st, 2022.
January – 15
- Your Best Year Ever by Michael Hyatt (8/10) | Book Summary
- The Smart Money Woman by Arese Ugwu (9/10) | Book Summary
- The Power of the Other by Dr. Henry Cloud. (8/10) | Book Summary
- Grit by Angela Duckworth (8/10) | Book Summary
- Start with Why by Simon Sinek (8/10) | Book Summary
- Daily Rituals by Mason Currey (7/10) | Book Summary
- Where Good Ideas Come From by Steven Johnson (8/10) | Book Summary
February – 10
- Insanely Simple by Ken Segall (8/10) | Book Summary
- Radical Compassion by Tara Brach | Book Summary
- Hyperfocus: How to Be More Productive in a World of Distraction by Chris Bailey.
- Creative Selection: Inside Apple’s Design Process During the Golden Age of Steve Jobs by Ken Kocienda
5. Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson (9/10) | Book Summary
6. Idea Man by Paul Allen (8/10) | Book Summary
7. Tim Cook: The Genius Who Took Apple to the Next Level by Leander Kahney (8/10) | Book Summary
8. Jony Ive: The Genius Behind Apple’s Greatest Products by Leander Kahney. (8/10) | Book Summary
- The Ultimate Sales Machine by Chet Holmes (8/10) | Book Summary
- Finish: Give Yourself the Gift of Done by Jon Acuff. (8/10) | Book Summary
- In Profit First: Transform Your Business from a Cash-Eating Monster to a Money-Making Machine (9/10) | Book Summary
4. The Story of Lululemon by Chip Wilson (8/10) | Book Summary
5. Shoemaker: The Untold Story of the British Family Firm that Became a Global Brand by Joe Foster (9/10) | Book Summary
6. The Cobbler: How I Disrupted an Industry, Fell From Grace, and Came Back Stronger Than Ever by Steve Madden (9/10) | Book Summary
7. The Company I Keep: My Life in Beauty by Leonard A. Lauder (9/10) | Book Summary
April – 11
- 12 Notes: On Life and Creativity by Quincy Jones
- Four Thousand Weeks: Time Management for Mortals by Oliver Burkema.
- Born to Run by Christopher McDougall.
May – 10
- Built to Sell by John Warrillow
- A Technique for Producing Ideas by James Webb Young
- HBR’s 10 Must Reads on Business Model Innovation
- What’s Your Digital Business Model? by Peter Weill and Stephanie Woerner.
- Finding Me: A Memoir by Viola Davis
- Four Seasons: The Story of a Business Philosophy by Isadore Sharp.
- A Promised Land by Barrack Obama.
- A Runner’s High: My Life in Motion by Dean Karnazes
- Learning to Lead by Ron Williams.
June – 9
- Stolen Focus by Johann Hari.
- Creative Confidence by Tom and David Kelley.
- Take the Stairs by Rory Vaden.
- What to Say When You Talk to Your Self by Dr. Shad Helmstetter.
- James Patterson by James Patterson: The Stories of My Life.
- Build: An Unorthodox Guide to Making Things Worth Making by Tony Fadell.
- Becoming by Michelle Obama.
- Revolution by Emmanuel Macron.
- The Chancellor: The Remarkable Odyssey of Angela Merkel by Kati Marton.
- The Cold Start Problem: How to Start and Scale Network Effects by Andrew Chen
- The 5AM Club: Own Your Morning. Elevate Your Life by Robin Sharma
- Snakes in Suits: When Psychopaths Go to Work by Dr. Paul Babiak & Dr. Robert D. Hare
- How to Win Client Business When You Don’t Know Where to Start by Doug Fletcher.
August – 11
- What the Most Successful People Do Before Breakfast by Laura Vanderkam.
- Roles: The Secret to Family, Business, and Social Success by Nicholeen Peck
- Courage Is Calling: Fortune Favors the Brave by Ryan Holiday
- Limitless: Upgrade Your Brain, Learn Anything Faster, and Unlock Your Exceptional Life by Jim Kwik
- The Art of Being Unreasonable: Lessons in Unconventional Thinking by Eli Broad.
- The Cow in the Parking Lot: A Zen Approach to Overcoming Anger by Susan Edmiston & Leonard Scheff.
September 2022 – 10
- Play Nice But Win: A CEO’s Journey from Founder to Leader by Micheal Dell
- The Scout Mindset: Why Some People See Things Clearly and Others Don’t by Julia Galef
- No Limits: The Will to Succeed by Micheal Phelps.
- Fluent in 3 Months: How Anyone at Any Age Can Learn to Speak Any Language from Anywhere in the World by Benny Lewis
- Fluent Forever: How to Learn Any Language Fast and Never Forget It by Gabriel Wayner
- Becoming Fluent: How Cognitive Science Can Help Adults Learn a Foreign Language by Richard Roberts
- How to Speak Any Language Fluently by Alex Rawlings.
8. No One Succeeds Alone: Learn Everything You Can from Everyone You Can by Robert Reffkin
9. Finding Ultra,: Rejecting Middle Age, Becoming One of the World’s Fittest Men, and Discovering Myself by Rich Roll.
- Discipline Is Destiny: The Power of Self-Control by Ryan Holiday
- The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don’t Work and What to Do About It by Michael E. Gerber
- Talent Magnet: How to Attract and Keep the Best People by Mark Miller
- Babel No More: The Search for the World’s Most Extraordinary Language Learners by Michael Erard
November – 4
- Tiger Woods by Jeff Benedict.
- Life Is Not an Accident: A Memoir of Reinvention by Jay Williams.
3. Startup Success: Funding the Early Stages of Your Venture by Gordon Daugherty
December – 9
- Living the Dream: My Life and Basketball by Hakeem Olajuwon
- Never Finished: Unshackle Your Mind and Win the War Within by David Goggins.
- It’s Your Ship: Management Techniques from the Best Damn Ship in the Navy by Captain D. Michael Abrashoff.
4. Do Hard Things: Why We Get Resilience Wrong and the Surprising Science of Real by Steve Magness
5. Relentless: From Good to Great to Unstoppable by Tim S. Grover.
6. Success Is a Choice: Make the Choices that Make You Successful by John C. Maxwell
7. The Power of Discipline: How to Use Self-Control and Mental Toughness to Achieve Your Goals by Daniel Walter
8. The Miracle Morning: The Not-So-Obvious Secret Guaranteed to Transform Your Life (Before 8AM) by Hal Elrod
9. Lean UX: Applying Lean Principles to Improve User Experience by Jeff Gothelf