I have been experimenting with the 100 Books Reading Challenge since 2016 and it has become one of my favourite thing to do yearly. I am always striving to become more self-aware, learning new things, understand the world better and become a better version of myself. I strive to read for at 2-3 hours daily via my kindle, laptop, iPod and on my phone. I am not where I want to be but am not where I used to be.
Goal: I read 100 non-fiction books by December 31st, 2022.
January – 15
- Your Best Year Ever by Michael Hyatt (8/10) | Book Summary
- The Smart Money Woman by Arese Ugwu (9/10) | Book Summary
- The Power of the Other by Dr. Henry Cloud. (8/10) | Book Summary
- Grit by Angela Duckworth (8/10) | Book Summary
- Start with Why by Simon Sinek (8/10) | Book Summary
- Daily Rituals by Mason Currey (7/10) | Book Summary
- Where Good Ideas Come From by Steven Johnson (8/10) | Book Summary
8. Invention: A Life by James Dyson (8/10) | Book Summary
9. Will by Will Smith. (9/10) | Book Summary
10. Shoe Dog by Phil Knight (9/10) | Book Summary
11. iWoz by Steve Wozniak (8/10) | Book Summary
12. The Content Trap: A Strategist’s Guide to Digital Change by Bharat Narendra Anand
13. Marketing 4.0: Moving from Traditional to Digital by Hermawan Kartajaya
14. HBR’s 10 Must Reads on Leading Digital Transformation (with bonus article “How Apple Is Organized for Innovation” by Joel M. Podolny and Morten T. Hansen) by Harvard Business Review
15. The Future Is Faster Than You Think by Peter H. Diamandis & Steven Kotler.
February – 10
- Insanely Simple by Ken Segall (8/10) | Book Summary
- Radical Compassion by Tara Brach | Book Summary
- Hyperfocus: How to Be More Productive in a World of Distraction by Chris Bailey.
- Creative Selection: Inside Apple’s Design Process During the Golden Age of Steve Jobs by Ken Kocienda
5. Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson (9/10) | Book Summary
6. Idea Man by Paul Allen (8/10) | Book Summary
7. Tim Cook: The Genius Who Took Apple to the Next Level by Leander Kahney (8/10) | Book Summary
8. Jony Ive: The Genius Behind Apple’s Greatest Products by Leander Kahney. (8/10) | Book Summary
9. The End of Marketing: Humanizing Your Brand in the Age of Social Media by Carlos Gil.
10. Everybody Writes: Your Go-To Guide to Creating Ridiculously Good Content
- The Ultimate Sales Machine by Chet Holmes (8/10) | Book Summary
- Finish: Give Yourself the Gift of Done by Jon Acuff. (8/10) | Book Summary
- In Profit First: Transform Your Business from a Cash-Eating Monster to a Money-Making Machine (9/10) | Book Summary
4. The Story of Lululemon by Chip Wilson (8/10) | Book Summary
5. Shoemaker: The Untold Story of the British Family Firm that Became a Global Brand by Joe Foster (9/10) | Book Summary
6. The Cobbler: How I Disrupted an Industry, Fell From Grace, and Came Back Stronger Than Ever by Steve Madden (9/10) | Book Summary
7. The Company I Keep: My Life in Beauty by Leonard A. Lauder (9/10) | Book Summary
8. Traffic Secrets: The Underground Playbook for Filling Your Websites and Funnels with Your Dream Customers by Russell Brunson
9. They Ask You Answer: A Revolutionary Approach to Inbound Sales, Content Marketing, and Today’s Digital Consumer by Marcus Sheridan
10. Life 3.0: Being Human in the Age of Artificial Intelligence by Max Tegmark.
11. The 1-Page Marketing Plan: Get New Customers, Make More Money, And Stand Out From The Crowd by Allan Dib
April – 11
- 12 Notes: On Life and Creativity by Quincy Jones
- Four Thousand Weeks: Time Management for Mortals by Oliver Burkema.
- Born to Run by Christopher McDougall.
4. Just for Fun by Linus Torvalds.
5. My Life And Work by Henry Ford.
6. Where You Are Is Not Who You Are: A Memoir by Ursula Burns.
7. My Life in Full: Work, Family, and Our Future by Indra Nooyi
8. A Life Without Limits: A World Champion’s Journey by Chrissie Wellington
9. The Little Book of Colour: How to Use the Psychology of Colour to Transform Your Life by Karren Haller
10. Thinking with Type: A Critical Guide for Designers, Writers, Editors, & Students by Ellen Lupton
11. Life After Google: The Fall of Big Data and the Rise of the Blockchain Economy by George Gilder
May – 10
- Built to Sell by John Warrillow
- A Technique for Producing Ideas by James Webb Young
- HBR’s 10 Must Reads on Business Model Innovation
- What’s Your Digital Business Model? by Peter Weill and Stephanie Woerner.
- Finding Me: A Memoir by Viola Davis
- Four Seasons: The Story of a Business Philosophy by Isadore Sharp.
- A Promised Land by Barrack Obama.
- A Runner’s High: My Life in Motion by Dean Karnazes
- Learning to Lead by Ron Williams.
10. Master Content Marketing: A Simple Strategy to Cure the Blank Page Blues and Attract a Profitable Audience by Pamela Wilson
June – 9
- Stolen Focus by Johann Hari.
- Creative Confidence by Tom and David Kelley.
- Take the Stairs by Rory Vaden.
- What to Say When You Talk to Your Self by Dr. Shad Helmstetter.
- James Patterson by James Patterson: The Stories of My Life.
- Build: An Unorthodox Guide to Making Things Worth Making by Tony Fadell.
- Becoming by Michelle Obama.
8. Reinvent Your Business Model: How to Seize the White Space for Transformative Growth by Mark W. Johnson
9. Digital Marketing Strategy: An Integrated Approach to Online Marketing by Simon Kingsnorth
- Revolution by Emmanuel Macron.
- The Chancellor: The Remarkable Odyssey of Angela Merkel by Kati Marton.
- The Cold Start Problem: How to Start and Scale Network Effects by Andrew Chen
- The 5AM Club: Own Your Morning. Elevate Your Life by Robin Sharma
- Snakes in Suits: When Psychopaths Go to Work by Dr. Paul Babiak & Dr. Robert D. Hare
- How to Win Client Business When You Don’t Know Where to Start by Doug Fletcher.
7. Killer Visual Strategies: Engage Any Audience, Improve Comprehension, and Get Amazing Results Using Visual Communication by Amy Balliett
August – 11
- What the Most Successful People Do Before Breakfast by Laura Vanderkam.
- Roles: The Secret to Family, Business, and Social Success by Nicholeen Peck
- Courage Is Calling: Fortune Favors the Brave by Ryan Holiday
- Limitless: Upgrade Your Brain, Learn Anything Faster, and Unlock Your Exceptional Life by Jim Kwik
- The Art of Being Unreasonable: Lessons in Unconventional Thinking by Eli Broad.
- The Cow in the Parking Lot: A Zen Approach to Overcoming Anger by Susan Edmiston & Leonard Scheff.
7. It’s Not About the Bike by Lance Armstrong.
8. How to Get Rich: One of the World’s Greatest Entrepreneurs Shares His Secrets by Felix Dennis
9. Confessions of an Advertising Man by David Ogilvy.
10. The Art of Being Unreasonable: Lessons in Unconventional Thinking by Eli Broad.
11. Ogilvy on Advertising by David Ogilvy.
September 2022 – 10
- Play Nice But Win: A CEO’s Journey from Founder to Leader by Micheal Dell
- The Scout Mindset: Why Some People See Things Clearly and Others Don’t by Julia Galef
- No Limits: The Will to Succeed by Micheal Phelps.
- Fluent in 3 Months: How Anyone at Any Age Can Learn to Speak Any Language from Anywhere in the World by Benny Lewis
- Fluent Forever: How to Learn Any Language Fast and Never Forget It by Gabriel Wayner
- Becoming Fluent: How Cognitive Science Can Help Adults Learn a Foreign Language by Richard Roberts
- How to Speak Any Language Fluently by Alex Rawlings.
8. No One Succeeds Alone: Learn Everything You Can from Everyone You Can by Robert Reffkin
9. Finding Ultra,: Rejecting Middle Age, Becoming One of the World’s Fittest Men, and Discovering Myself by Rich Roll.
10. The Design of Everyday Things by Donald Norman.
- Discipline Is Destiny: The Power of Self-Control by Ryan Holiday
- The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don’t Work and What to Do About It by Michael E. Gerber
- Talent Magnet: How to Attract and Keep the Best People by Mark Miller
- Babel No More: The Search for the World’s Most Extraordinary Language Learners by Michael Erard
5. Don’t Make Me Think: A Common Sense Approach to Web Usability by Steve Krug
6. The Metaverse: And How it Will Revolutionize Everything by Matthew Ball
7. Fourth Industrial Revolution by Professor Klaus Schwab.
November – 4
- Tiger Woods by Jeff Benedict.
- Life Is Not an Accident: A Memoir of Reinvention by Jay Williams.
3. Startup Success: Funding the Early Stages of Your Venture by Gordon Daugherty
4. Exponential Organizations: Why new organizations are ten times better, faster, and cheaper than yours (and what to do about it) by Salim Ismail
December – 9
- Living the Dream: My Life and Basketball by Hakeem Olajuwon
- Never Finished: Unshackle Your Mind and Win the War Within by David Goggins.
- It’s Your Ship: Management Techniques from the Best Damn Ship in the Navy by Captain D. Michael Abrashoff.
4. Do Hard Things: Why We Get Resilience Wrong and the Surprising Science of Real by Steve Magness
5. Relentless: From Good to Great to Unstoppable by Tim S. Grover.
6. Success Is a Choice: Make the Choices that Make You Successful by John C. Maxwell
7. The Power of Discipline: How to Use Self-Control and Mental Toughness to Achieve Your Goals by Daniel Walter
8. The Miracle Morning: The Not-So-Obvious Secret Guaranteed to Transform Your Life (Before 8AM) by Hal Elrod
9. Lean UX: Applying Lean Principles to Improve User Experience by Jeff Gothelf
Pingback: 10 Strategies for achieving your New Years Resolution. | Lanre Dahunsi
Pingback: The Power of Small Wins. | Lanre Dahunsi
Pingback: On Deep Work and getting things done. | Lanre Dahunsi